March 7, 2008
There has been a bunch of rumblings about recent Technorati stats showing that the blogosphere is actually on the decline.
Matt recently posted a February wrap up report for WordPress which makes clear to me at least that we are still on the upswing, even if there is a transition away from some early blogs which have faded to more recent blogs that are capturing real audience. Here is Matt’s summary:
- 245,329 blogs were created.
- 432,478 new users joined.
- 1,920,593 file uploads.
- 2,814,893 posts and 996 thousand new pages.
- 4,961,330 comments.
- 3,813,432 logins.
- 540,799,534 pageviews on WordPress.com, and another 304,499,648 on self-hosted blogs. (845,299,182 pageviews total across blogs we know about.)
- 726,789 active blogs in February, where “active” means they got a human visitor.