August 6, 2008
Getting ready for what I hope will be a vacation-packed and restful August (I need it!), I spent the month of July in California, bouncing between SF and SoCal (where my family was staying at the in-laws).
Meanwhile, the good folks at WordPress were busy too. Rather than summarizing, I have copied below Matt’s “July Wrap Up” post:
- 257,163 blogs were created.
- 271,427 new users joined.
- 3,110,479 file uploads
- About 1,381 gigabytes of new files.
- 395 terabytes of content transferred from our datacenters.
- 6,245,424 comments.
- 4,868,359 logins.
- 812,287,538 pageviews on WordPress.com, and another 567,059,283 on self-hosted blogs (1,379,346,821 pageviews total across WordPress blogs we track).
- 1,102,039 active blogs and 13,216,843 active posts where “active” means they got a human visitor.
Other interesting stuff:
We signed on The Real Dan Lyons as a VIP blogger (though you may know him as the Fake Steve Jobs).
You added more tags and categories than ever before: more than 8 thousand tags and 19 thousand categories.
You made great use of our new caption feature: more than 75 thousand in its first month.
Writers for Maclean’s, Canada’s only national weekly current affairs magazine, now blog with WordPress VIP.
Quite a month!